The Bachelor Recaps: An Officer and a Gentleman

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

An Officer and a Gentleman


It’s good to be back my friends.

I’d like to thank ABC for welcoming us with wide open arms last night for one of the most entertaining episodes aired in a long, long time. It was like an old friend. I have to admit, there have been many anxious moments leading up to last night’s show, and our Bachelor (An Officer and a Gentleman) did not disappoint.

SIMPLE DISCLAIMER

The following information you are about to read is of personal opinion. If this e-mail circulates to friends, family, enemies...that is your business. However, if you or someone in your address book happens to personally know, sort of know, know the brother/cousin of, thought you saw in the grocery store buying Spring Oreos and Spaghetti O’s or have a spin instructor that looks exactly like one of the Bachelorettes on the show...none of this is personal and I'm sure they are all lovely people.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Our beloved show is celebrating its 10th season. Can you believe it? When I heard our host Chris Harrison share this information, I felt a mixture of emotions and several questions swam around in my head. LUCKILY, I watched last night’s episode with my friend Meredith and she was able to mentally set me straight.

Lincee: “Has it really been 10 seasons?”
Meredith: “Let’s see if we can name them all…” (Which we did, although neither of us could remember the fisherman’s real name and affectionately called him Centrum Silver.)
Conclusion: The mind is a powerful organ.

Lincee: “Shouldn’t I be saving the world somehow or contributing to the greater good instead of wasting precious hours sitting in front of my TV every Monday night?”
Meredith: “I have TiVo, so we can fast forward through the commercials.”
Conclusion: Technically, this can be considered SAVING time.

Lincee: “Am I a loser?”
Meredith: “I just got a text from Ashley B. suggesting we count how many times it shows Andy with his shirt off.”
Conclusion: It’s just good TV people.

CUE THE SNARE DRUMS
Right off the bat, ABC decides to capitalize on the military connection with our Bachelor (An Officer and a Gentleman) and insists on playing drum cadences and dramatic music that swells with every detail we learn about Andy Baldwin.

[The opening montage starts off slow and rhythmic.]

We learn about Andy’s childhood in Amish country Pennsylvania. He didn’t have much growing up, but I did notice he had a Cabbage Patch Kid.

[The music crescendos with a stronger beat as pictures fly across the screen.]

He held three jobs as a child, was a swimmer, valedictorian of his class, landed an ROTC scholarship, graduated from Duke and finally…

(CUE TOP GUN MUSIC…YOU KNOW THE ONE I’M TALKING ABOUT)

He went to med school and became a lieutenant in the Navy!

He’s stationed in Hawaii and cares for 150 guys when not throwing flower leis over the edge of the railing at the USS Arizona.

[Music shifts to soft and seducing.]

You may think he has it all, but there is one piece of the puzzle missing. SOMEONE TO SHARE HIS AWESOMENESS WITH!

[Cue “Love Lift Us Up Where We Belong”…acoustic version]
Side note: Please let the record show that I called this. Thank you.

Oh…and he’s also a triathlon whose goals include shoot for the stars and go for your dreams. Not to mention it is his 30th birthday.

If that’s not an officer and a gentleman, I don’t know what is people.

Meet Our Bachelorettes
I have to admit that this batch of ladies pulled out all the stops to make a lasting impression on our Bachelor (An Officer and a Gentleman.) I’ve decided to add another line to our Bachelorette cheat sheet of “Stupid Moment That I Used to Pull Focus…No Matter How Embarrassing I May Look on National TV” because those are the true gems that make these ladies memorable.

Alexis
Lawyer
26
Southlake, TX
Why you remember her: Tall. Brunette. Pretty eyes. First one out of the limo. She looks like a beauty queen.
Lasting Impression: Alexis is above such things and pretty much had no air time the entire night. ABC tried to trick us, but I knew from the minute she stepped out of the limo should would not be going anywhere.
Status: Rose

Amanda
Financial Analyst
26
Dallas
Why you remember her: She insisted on driving me nuts and calling our Bachelor (An Officer and a Gentleman) Mr. Lieutenant as they lay on the random bed (don’t we love those!) outside looking at the stars
Lasting Impression: She climbed the Great Wall of China. Andy loves a woman who is up for an adventure!
Status: Rose

Amber
Teacher
23
Sugar Land, TX
Why you remember her: She is a teacher. Andy loves kids. He taught Sunday School. And all the girls said, “AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.”
Lasting Impression: “I’m from Sugar Land, so I’m obviously the sweetest one here!”
Lincee’s Impression: So sweet that I’m getting a stomach ache. Where’s my bucket?
Status: Rose

Bevin
Clinic Research Coordinator
28
Palo Alto, CA
Why you remember her: Bevin flashes the ABC camera man as she proudly shows off all the scars on her legs. Andy boldly proclaims, “THAT IS SO HOT!”
Lasting Impression: (As she steps out of the limo) “Where’s your uniform?” Andy: “Maybe I’ll show you later.” I wonder how many times he’s used THAT line before?
Lincee’s Impression: Come over to my house Andy…I’ll show you some REAL leg scars. (ACL Club holla if ya hear me!) Let the record show that I predict Bevin will go far.
Status: Rose

Blakeney
Radio Sales
29
Birmingham, AL
Why you remember her: “That (hiccup) Andy is as cute as (hiccup) a button!”
Lasting Impression: After she falls off her bar stool…never spilling her cocktail…Blakeney proceeds to get into a verbal argument with Lindsay. The ABC camera man literally pushes the ABC Intern out of the way and scolds him for trying to stop the cat fight before claws come out and hair is pulled.
Lincee’s Impression: I’m going to miss Blakeney. Please PLEASE tell me you saw her drunk rapping at the close of the show. It was blasphemous!
Status: No Rose

Candace
Waitress
23
Hilton Head Island, SC
Why you remember her: You remember her hair and wondered why she stood in a sauna before meeting the Bachelor (An Officer and a Gentleman)
Status: No Rose

Catherine
Former Miss Illinois
23
Lake Forest, IL
Why you remember her: She wore flip flops with her evening gown
Lincee’s Impression: Seriously…Former Miss Illinois is your occupation? Seriously?
Status: No Rose

Danielle I
Graphic Designer
25
Bethel, CT
Why you remember her: Cute blond (aren’t they all?)
Lasting Impression: My girl Danielle figures she can make a lasting impression by talking about her boyfriend who passed away. Then she talks about the guy who did her wrong before that. Her point? Third time’s a charm!
Status: Rose

Danielle V
Lawyer
26
Bronx, NY
Why you remember her: You don’t.
Lasting Impression: “You are better looking in person than you are on the Internet.”
Lincee’s Impression: Insert Jim Halpert face here.
Status: No Rose

Erin
Financial Analyst
24
Dallas
Why you remember her: You Googled her to see if she was one of Hugh Hefner’s wives.
Status: Rose

Jackie
Executive Coordinator
23
Minneapolis, MN
Why you remember her: You don’t.
Lasting Impression: Jackie points to the rose and says, “What is that for?” Andy answers, “You’ll find out.” And then shoves her through the front door as he yells, “SUCKER!”
Lincee’s impression: Nice.
Status: No Rose

Jeanette
Health Care Manager
27
Tampa, FL
Why you remember her: She’s a tiny pocket person who has a French manicure and plays with her hair.
Status: No Rose

Jessica
Hedge Fund Analyst
32
New York, NY
Why you remember her: I literally have no idea who this person is.

Kate
Boutique Owner
Charleston, SC
Why you remember her: Kate wore a short black dress and for some reason, posed on the limo before making her way to the Bachelor (An Officer and a Gentleman) as she shouted, “I’m the one with the short dress!”
Lasting Impression: I’m reliving it in my brain right now and I can’t turn it off. My face is getting hot as I think about typing the words. Dear sweet Kate decided that she needed to take drastic measures and do something that Andy would never forget. She gets on the floor…lays on her stomach…and…wait for it…take a deep breathe…executes the centipede. That’s right. The centipede from any party from 1981-1987 and all wedding receptions around the nation. Could I make this stuff up?
Lincee’s Impression: Nonononononononononononononononono
Status: Rose

Linda
Lawyer
33
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Why you remember her: Resident stalker that claims she is looking in a mirror when she sees Andy
Lasting Impression: Crazy challenged Andy to a pushup contest.
Status: No Rose

Lindsay
Student
22
Lawrence, KS
Why you remember her: How could you forget?
Lasting Impression: Picks a fight with Drunk Blake, calls first impression rose Stephanie heinous and storms out of the rose ceremony when she didn’t get picked.
Lincee’s Impression: I honestly thought they would keep her around.
Status: No Rose

Nicole
Sales Manager
26
Charleston, SC
Why you remember her: You think of her as the spastic best friend sidekick on a TV show like Blossom or Sabrina the Teenage Witch
Lasting Impression: After sneaking into the kitchen to make Andy a surprise birthday cake, she asks a cooking question, “Can we substitute tequila for eggs in the birthday cake?”
Lincee’s Impression: Insert Jim Halpert face here. (I have a feeling there will be a lot of those this season.)
Status: Rose

Peyton
Sorority Recruiter
24
Dallas
Why you remember her: She and the Bachelor (An Officer and a Gentleman) have the same birthday. SHUT UP!
Lasting Impression: Andy insists on calling her Pay-TAWN with a strong “t”
Status: Rose

Stephanie T
Organ Donor Coordinator
27
Folly Beach, SC
Why you remember her: First impression rose
Lincee’s Impression: Mark my words…she has psycho tendencies.
Status: Rose

Stephanie W
Project Manager
23
Overland Park, KS
Why you remember her: She was easy to forget until…
Lasting Impression: Nadia does a back handspring through a doorway in her pink prom dress. Classic. Andy is impressed!
Status: Rose

Susan
Boutique Manager (what are there odds there are two boutique managers?)
23
The Woodlands (Houston)
Why you remember her: [crickets chirping]
Status: Rose

Tessa
Social Worker
26
San Francisco, CA
Why you remember her: Stop me if you’ve heard this one okay? Two muffins are sitting in the oven. One says, “It’s hot in here” and the other one says, “Holy cow…a talking muffin!”
Lasting Impression: Her Mom’s fanny pack got stolen on an Inca trail and she fell in love with the man who loaned them money.
Lincee’s Impression: Double whammy with the Muffin Man and Inca Trail. Nice.
Status: Rose

Tiffany F
Real Estate/Sales
27
St. Louis Park, MN
Why you remember her: She called him Adam when she got out of the limo and then laughed at her funny joke. Note to Tiffany: Andy did NOT laugh.
Status: Denied

Tiffany W
Medical Equipment Sales Rep
28
Boston
Why you remember her: She had on the David’s Bridal bridesmaid dress
Status: Rose

Tina
Med Student
26
Hollywood
Why you remember her: Her fortune cookie said her dreams would become a reality.
Lasting Impression: And here we are…the pièce de résistance…I’m going to need you to stand up and place your hand on your heart as we remember Tina serenading Andy with The Star Spangled Banner. Oh say can you see indeed! You all know of course I can’t watch. I’m yelling. STOP HER! And she sings the whole song. Bless her heart. Really. Bless her heart. Andy wipes a tear away. Is it a tear of joy? Laughter? We will never know. He gives her a standing ovation. I’m rocking back and forth in the fetal position on the floor at this point.
Lincee’s Impression: Sometimes I can still hear the land of the free and the home of the brave if I listen carefully…[shutter]
Status: Rose

I can’t yet tell if I find Andy’s “aw shucks” mentality cute or annoying. I’ll have to get back with you on that one. I’m definitely looking forward to hot tub moments. For the record, there were 14 shirtless moments (it seemed weird and inappropriate to count the two as a child) in the opening montage. We were graced with nine additional shots in the closing. It’s going to be a good season.

Two words:

Boot camp!

All about the shame, not the fame,
Lincee

130 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't watched the show yet, but I must say your review is quite comical. I can't wait to see it now. Keep up the good work!

Tricia
Ohio

Anonymous said...

The doc is a dork (aka: Dr. McDork)

Anonymous said...

I thought bug eyed crazy Linda did not get a rose?...

Anonymous said...

Rock on Linceee - you nailed it (as always!)!! :)

Michele
Mission Viejo, CA

Anonymous said...

Hi Lincee, Alexis is a Baylor Law graduate - 06!

Miss you!
Jerri

Anonymous said...

Did no one else think that he looks just like Zack Morris from Saved by the Bell? I mean just a little. Classic Bachelor. Welcome back!!!!!
Welcome Dr. McBody!

Anonymous said...

FYI: Linda, the Lawyer, who looks like an ewok with big ears DID NOT get a rose!!

HYSTERICAL REVIEW...can't wait for more!!

Anonymous said...

Jackie was the one in flip-flops, not that it matters now... I think Andy is an exact mix between Andrew Firestone (my favorite, and the BEST, season!) and Travis Stork. I'm not impressed.

Anonymous said...

Lincee, I loved the recap! Gal singing the national anthem....bless her heart. Wow. And Lawrence, KS girl just gives KU such a bad rap!! Shame on her.

Anonymous said...

There is no denying that Mr. Lieutenant is a major hottie but I think deep down under all the abs he is really a geek! But you can overlook alot when he looks that good. We should be in for some really outrageous moments on the "best season ever".

Great recap!

Anonymous said...

I don't see anything about the chick from TN. I think she is going to go very far

Anonymous said...

Two potential nicknames for Andy...1) Chompers (I couldn't take my eyes off his teeth all night...he reminded me of Matt Dillon's character in Something About Mayer or 2) which I can't take credit for as I read it on another recap blog...Sandy Duncan (of Peter Pan fame). I mean, really - he could be her long lost twin. Just bizarre. I can no longer find him sexy after having that image in my head.

Great recap!
ps* Crazy Linda didn't get a rose

Anonymous said...

TOO Funny! Thanks for the recap. I found your site last season and looked forward to reading the recap today.

The doc sure is yummy.

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for this all morning -YAY for a new season of recaps!!

Anonymous said...

Anyone else think Dr. McMaverick has oddly shaped upper abs? Maybe just me, but I couldn't stop staring at the rest of his hotness, so I can't really complain!

Lincee, you had me laughing out loud in class--totally worth the evil eye my prof. gave me! Awesome stuff.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Lincee--I just find myself trying to read your blog slowly--like a good book--because I am enjoying it too much to want it to end
THANK YOU!

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Lincee is baaaaaak.

Hey does anyone know where you can watch missed episodes online? I forgot to DVR it. I checked ABC but didn't see it. :-(

Michellyoh said...

aawww. . Lincee. . #1 jayhawk fan. . it's like a reunion!!! Fun stuff!!! Where is our straight lawyer? happy season premier everyone!! love the recap

Anonymous said...

Lincee - you did not disappoint!! Looking forward to all the bless their hearts and insert jim halpert's !!

Anonymous said...

I'm doubled over in laughter at my desk as I read the recap on my lunch hour. Thanks Lincee!
Doc seems like an all around great guy. Did anyone see him in the audience on Dancing with the Stars last night? He said he is engaged.

Susie said...

"Bug Eyed Linda" did NOT get a rose...thank goodness! He's a geek for sure but at least we already know there is a proposal at the end!

Subro
Florida

Anonymous said...

Yay, Lincee, I've missed you! I knew you'd call that girl out for only being memorable because of her super-tall sauna-hair. You don't miss a beat. I think I could have myself a great Friday night if I sat at home and watched Dr. McDorky on mute - he's way, way hotter when his mouth moves, but it's the sounds that come out that clue us in to why he has to go on The Bachelor to get himself a woman.

Megan said...

Can you, like, believe that he might, like, meet his wife, like, on his 30th birthday!?! It would just be, like, totally special.

This season is going to rock, I'm so excited. Unfortunately, the crazies got booted out(which leaves room for the closet crazies, I guess). Watch the windows, maybe we'll catch bug-eyed Linda lurking about and peering through them at the bachelorettes...plotting away....

Anonymous said...

I told myself I wouldn't get sucked in...didn't watch last season...however, after watching last night, I have the TIVO on a season pass...wow...and great recap...I am looking forward to the one who got the "first impression rose"...wow...what a nut...not cute, and pretty full of herself...should be interesting to see what she gets up to...also...I am liking the social worker from San Fran, muffin joke aside...she seems genuine and sweet!

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! It's back!!! Where are all our straight guy fans, lawyer John and our host Chris???

Linda, aka the Runaway Bride - did you see those eyes??? did not get a rose. It is unfortunate because I think she brings the crazy. Oh, well I think First Impression girl will more than make up for her.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Lincee.
Gonna age myself here- but Andy looks like a young Charlton Heston, has that quiet, reserved air about him too.
Anyone notice there are about 6 Texas chicks this season. Dont know what that says about Texas. But I will offer my personal apology here.

Tracy said...

Oh, Lincee, when the girl started singing the National Anthem, I literally ran out of the tv room into my bedroom and curled into the fetal position on my bed. I kept yelling, "Please make her stop!". Much to my surprise when I managed to emerge from my room and come back out to the tv, he was moved to tears. Go figure. The guys more sensitive than I am. And that's a huge accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

okay--I am totally with the mississippi girl. From the moment I saw the preview I was thinking our dear Andy looked like Zack from Saved by the Bell!

I, too, was hunched over in the fetal position when the girl was singing the Star Spangled Banner...I was so embarassed for her!

lfc said...

oh, the star-spangled banner. i couldn't watch. i had to change the channel, and the one above abc is the christian station. so for 2 minutes i was flipping between a scene of jesus dying on the cross and that precious girl singing her heart out. jesus' face and andy's both looked like they were in pain...

thanks for the recap - love it!

Anonymous said...

As usual girl, you Rock! This season is packed with much drama- especially since psycho first impression girl is going to be the token nut of the show! As for our resident hunk- NO ONE is that squeaky clean- his bad boy/player side is bound to come out- did you hear all those comments he said! Lincee- can't believe you didn't mention the car he drove up in- I'll be disappointed if its really his!

Looking forward to it ladies!!!

Anonymous said...

Yea! So glad you're back with recaps! I couldn't wait to read today.
Crazy Linda could have been the Runaway Bride's twin, I couldn't stop thinking that all night. She had crazy in her eyes for sure!

The Wells Family said...

Lincee is back in full force!
love it!!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if "they" made Catherine wear flip flops b/c Andy is short and she would have been MUCH taller than him. Which is total crap, but I'm not calling the shots. (How tall is he any way?)

Anonymous said...

Linda did not get a rose....

Anonymous said...

If laughter keeps illness away and improves your abs I'll never need to see a doctor again and I'm going to have abs of steel by the end of this Bachelor season! Thank you so much I don't think I've laughed this hard since I sat next to Stacey my cell mate in the law office.....

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm loving McMaverick...(great name #1 Jayhawk Fan, and hi!)...I knew he was the real deal when I saw the Cabbage Patch...didn't ya'll just say "awwwww"!? And, Lincee, I knew you wouldn't miss that. What a show, and I loved the sneak peek at the end when we were given the audio clip of his real proposal. Oh my, looks like he's found a keeper!

Anonymous said...

Bug Eyed Crazy Girl DID NOT get a rose...thank goodness!!! Still love ya though Lincee!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't get a chance to watch or TiVo last night's OAG debut...but your overview was a specatulor substitution! Bravo Lincee!

db
Abilene, TX

Anonymous said...

BFF Jenn!!! So glad to "see" you again :) This season should be so much fun.

Thanks for the props on McMaverick--I just thought it appropriate because I kept having to do double-takes during the Military Montage thinking how he sometimes resembled our favorite Scientologist, Tom Cruise, in his early, non-crazy days.

It's so nice to have this show and blog back! Can't wait for next week!

Anonymous said...

There are so many Texas woman because we are so damn cute. Lincee your hilarious can't wait to read more. Ms. Ft. Worth

Anonymous said...

Excellent recap. I am flagging your blog for future updates. Seriously, Lincee you should look into reporting for Television Without Pity.com. They no longer recap The Bachelor and yours would be a welcome addition. Plus, your "insert Jim Halperts" had me in stitches. As a #1 Missouri fan, all I can say is Kansas got what they deserve with Lindsey! :)
Does anyone know what the reduction will be, 25 down to 15. 15 down to?8? and so on? we are building brackets at the office.
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I think some guys would rather date Jim Halpert than some of the crazies they had on this show last night.

Lindsay? Are you kidding me?
She doesn't beat out Ali G. in the 'insanity' department, but she is not too far behind in her dust. Same goes for Linda . . .

I'm kind of thinking Alexis will go far, despite us not seeing much of her last night. His face when he saw her was ELECTRIC. It could be because she's gorgeous and was the first one out of the car, but I figured he probably wished he had just gone out on the limb and used the 'first impression' rose right then. I think he wanted to.

But the girl who DID get that rose?
A nut job. I could tell the minute she walked in the room after getting it, how she handled that situation? Drama to follow, my friends . . . let's sit back and enjoy the madness.

p.s. Is the finale already taped, I guess? The show is not still currently taping?

Anonymous said...

There is a link to your recap at TwOP. Maybe you will be discovered! :)

Nooooo! said...

(No Rose) Linda looked like a distant relative to "the runaway bride". There's something endearing about 'Ms. Anthem' but don't think she'll last. Lincee, been a fan of yours since your e-mail days. You rock my world.

Lincee said...

Thanks for pointing out the Linda slip guys! I've changed it to read that she did NOT, repeat did NOT get a rose last night.

Anonymous said...

Did anyone count the butt-grabs during the meet & greet? McMaverick is a little handsy...

Anonymous said...

#1 Mizzou Fan - He will pick 12 to stay next week. To get the weekly numbers, sign up for The Rose Ceremony game on abc.com and each Tuesday, you can get the number of how many to pick. The girls and I do a pool each year and this is where we get this info.

Anonymous said...

Ah, these blogs seriously make my day. Especially now since I went to high school with Andy! I can't wait to see what you think of him as the season progresses...

CynthiaC said...

To those who think Lt. Andy looks like Zack from SBTB.....I thought so too!! I was waiting for Screech to show up.

Anonymous said...

Zack Morris? Try Bobby Brady!

Anonymous said...

Lincee, i love your blog, i've read it for about three seasons now. i'm forwarding it to a bunch of my friends. I went to Duke, and this is our second bachelor! what's up with that? my friend says, they look good on paper, but in person, not so much! and I live in Charleston, where three of the girls are from, including crazy first impression girl. can't wait to see how the season plays out!!

Anonymous said...

Is it just me or does Tessa look like she could be Meredith the ex-bachelorette's sister? Twinsies!!

Glad you're back, Lincee!!

Anonymous said...

AW SHUCKS is all I could think the whole time...And can I get some wine with that cheese. And the car....seriously......

Anonymous said...

Mississippi Girl- (and anyone else who can help) I have already checked on the Rose ceremony thing (and signed up!) but I was wondering if after it drops to 12 next week what does it drop to? From what I can find in past seasons (which ABC seems to have removed the seasons past on their site) they drop from 15 to 8 then down to 6 and then down to 4, then 3, and the final 2.
I would like to project it out all at once and see how good our first impressions are, rather than do it week by week. If anyone knows the drill, I would really appreciate it. Our first time ever doing a rose ceremony office bracket. Once I have my PDF finished I will be happy to share with any of you.
-#1 Mizzou Fan

PS. All last night, we were calling Linda "saucer" eyes. But did anyone notice in addition to her eyes, she had amazingly HUGE ears? I was so reminded of Dwight Schrute's (from The Office) elf ears. We dubbed Tina- "Sing Sing" the Anthem girl.

Anonymous said...

#1 fan-oh yes, if only Tom did not have the most bizarre personality now...he was much easier on the eyes back in the days of Maverick and Goose. sigh.
Lindsey-Yes, I thought the same thing about Tessa! I had to do a double take-totally Mere's twinsie!
Now with the blog back, Tuesday mornings are something to look forward to again!
Lastly...tiny sports comment to keep things real...hook 'em. :)

Anonymous said...

Lorenzo started off with 12 and then went to 8 and 6 and so one, but Andy's starting off with 15 this year. Must be an extra episode. It changes sometimes each year and that's why we do it week by week. I can't help you any further with the exact picks.

Anonymous said...

Lincee,
Don't want to make you feel old but its really season 13 if you count our 3 bette's.
Just wanted to let you know once again I'm looking over your shoulder to make sure your doing my show justice and so far so good. I promise this is the best season since Firestone. I also promise you wont have enough time to write about the episode where we have a mini boot camp with our very own drill sgt (classic Bachelor). This season will test even your skills my friend. Enjoy and I'll be keepin in touch.

Lincee said...

FYI: I love our host Chris Harrison.

I wasn't going to say, (afraid to jinx it) but I did have a few moments of Firestone flashbacks as I watched last night. Boot camp is going to be, indeed, classic. I simply can't wait.

Anonymous said...

Alexis is a new attorney with the Carrington Coleman law firm in Dallas. Anyone know her/ have any scoop??

Anonymous said...

How could you not mention his Lamborghini? This guy is a TOOL

Anonymous said...

like you, lincee, i had to mute National Anthem girl and averted my eyes. with crazy linda gone, somebody has got to bring "crazy back"! my vote for this year's nickname is Dr. McBody!

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, I totally agree about Tessa. I kept thinking the whole time that it was Meredy crashing the party.

Anonymous said...

Do these girls have any idea what deployments are or the idea of moving every three years or less? Welcome to being a military spouse. I love being married to a military officer, but ABC is way over glamorizing "an Officer and a Gentleman" Boo

Anonymous said...

That car may have been a Lamborghini, but it looked more like a Delorean. Could this be the bachelor season from the 80's? Back to the Future, Zach Morris, Cabbage Patch kids, cheesy 80's music..Love Lift Us Up Where We Belong. What's next? A shirtless volleyball game like in Top Gun? I hope so!

Holly
Texas

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! The Bachelor wouldn't be the same without you! :) Here's to a fun season!

Jill said...

I was almost more anxious for your blog than for the actual show. During parts of the show, I found myself thinking, "Oh Lord, what will she write about this one?!"

I've gotta say "Bug Eyes" about made me crazy. Thank goodness she didn't get a rose. And "Sing Sing" (Fantastic call, #1 Missou Fan!!!!) - oh heaven help us. All I could think during that hideousness was that she would get shut down right in the middle of that mess by Simon and his posse.

Great job, as always, Lincee!! Here's to another fabulous season of recaps!

Anonymous said...

Who wants to take bets on why some girl gets taken away in an ambulance? This guy is a DOCTOR and all he said he could do was squeeze her hand and hope she would be okay?!? Remind me never to need a doctor in Hawaii...

Anonymous said...

LOVE the comment from chris harrison (your host)! A couple things...where is the Pottery Barn hutch with the Glamour Shots? If I remember correctly, back in the day of the Cabbage Patch Kid, if you didn't have much, you DEFINATELY didn't have one of them...Why was the girl laying on the random outside bed with Lt. Doctor Andy wearing white shoes with her black dress? How many girls are going to cry at bootcamp? So many questions!

Anonymous said...

I'm in hysterics; great recap, Lincee!

But no mention of "I have so much to give"? LOL.

And, Good Lord, the squealing!!! I forget about it from season to season, and always experience an initial shock. Who communicates like that?

Anonymous said...

here is Alexis' link from the Carrington site

http://www.carringtoncoleman.com/docs/bios/Young.htm

Anonymous said...

Ok - we just checked out the link to Alexis's law firm and gave her a call. She obviously doesn't work that late, because she didn't answer; however, we did leave a nice little message. She has a pleasant phone voice.
Now, all of you shouldn't do this, because her voice mail might fill up and she has work to do.

COMMENTS:
-is that REALLY his freaking car?
-why does he say everything is sweet? GAG!!
-Social worker girl freaked us out with muffin joke, but rebounded well with the Inca story
-boutique needs to get some longer dresses - I think she is the one that they are calling hussy on the previews
-I, too, had to cover my eyes during Sing Sing's solo.

Ok - done for today - Can't wait to see you all next week.

Anonymous said...

It cracks me up the Host Chris reads the blog and then comments. Really, I laugh when I see him on the TV b/c I know somewhere in the back of his mind he is thinking, "What will Lincee say". Yeah for Host Chris and Yeah for Lincee.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone else think Tiffany W looks SUPER familiar?? As in, maybe she's been on a reality TV show before?

Anonymous said...

Just in case anyone's wondering about the car in Episode 1, it wasn't a Lamborghini or a McLaren F1, it was a Saleen S7 Twin Turbo: http://www.saleen.com/saleen_s7_photo_gallery.htm. The intern must have had fun that one up. An S7 also appeared as Jim Carrey's ride in "Bruce Almighty," and apparently is Jim's off-screen ride too. Ah, things you didn't really need to know . . .

Anonymous said...

Did anyone catch during the cat fight, Linday's "I have ears like a bleeping hawk!" comment?????
Hawk ears!!!!HILARIOUS!!

Anonymous said...

Not to cause any problems, but I would like to ask people to not call these women if the find their information. The show ended taping for them a while ago and they do have lives, jobs and families. Let's respect that.

Plus, people are probably calling and posting their information all over the place. There is a line between watching reality TV and actual reality. Calling them is an invasion of privacy. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Just my two cents. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hello "Host" Chris! Love from Texas! from a fellow '89 LHHS bud As always, our Lincee rocks!

Anonymous said...

Matatagirl, I completly agree. Let's not harass these women. Grow up ladies.

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back, L. Like a warm blanket... here's to another season of non-stop douche-baggery.

Rebecca said...

ok - so I think I like your blog even better than the show!
You are absolutely hilarious.
Take Care. TTF

Anonymous said...

Okay, I checked the ABC website and can't find my answer, so help me peeps! Isn't there a girl from TN (Kingsport) on the show? I swear I saw that because I mentioned rooting for my homestate homey! Please advise.

Anonymous said...

Bring more air time back for Chris!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh! You're a hoot! I can't wait to read more of your recaps! btw, did anyone else notice that 6 of the 15 he kept are from TX. He has a thing for TX girls huh?

Anonymous said...

oh people, come on! Once you put yourself out there on reality t.v., it IS your reality.

Anonymous said...

yes, there is a girl from TN - I can't remember which one.

Anonymous said...

Watch all the fun adventures again on ABC.com!

Anonymous said...

Look at 5:36 am, y'all. The ABC intern is hard at work.

Ah, the joys of shameless plugs.

Anonymous said...

~~Just rewatched the show... Payton is from TN~

Anonymous said...

No one mentioned how many times Andy said "Oh my gosh." Aw shucks, he's so sweet. I started to count and then lost track.

Great recap Lincee - looks like another season of hilarity!

Anonymous said...

Isn't there a miltary base in TX? Maybe that is why he is keeping all of the TX girls. If things don't work out they won't have to be far from home. How thoughtful. =)

Anonymous said...

He said he likes a girl with a southern accent. I think that might be why he kept so many Texas (and other southern) girls.

Anonymous said...

Lincee, I must admit - - after being disgusted that I was not, in fact, watching a 'true love story in the making' each season of The Bachelor because most of the couples had broken up by the time the finale aired, I was just reading your blog last season, not watching the show!
But I 'got it' (your blog) from having watched the show before . . .

But ABC should have you ON STAFF, paid under the table, so you can still be so witty and honest, because I am watching the show this season BECAUSE OF YOUR BLOG, and to enjoy it more.

Go, Lincee! you rock!!

Anonymous said...

I'm back and on board for this season (At least I'm trying). there was just too much drama last season for this straight guy, but I think can handle this seasons drama. This season looks like it should be pretty good! Lincee, you never disappoint. I salute you!

Anonymous said...

Peyton (or Payton) is from TN - and I personally was really impressed with her 'occupation' - she is a 'sorority recruiter.' What the hell is that? Is that a real job???

Anonymous said...

hey Chris (our host) - what is the official status from the other shows? Who's still together and who's not? like the fisherman & Mary? are they still together? and what about the 'Prince' (yea-whatever) and his little Florida chickie - are they still together? or is it official that no one is still a couple except Trista & Ryan?

Anonymous said...

Hey Lincee!

I absolutely LOVE your blog, it is hilarious! I talked about it my blog at myspace.com/speedy427.

Can't wait for next week's blog!

Meadow Walk said...

Ok I tried to watch it. I did. Ilasted less than 3 minutes. All those girls -- GIRLS -- looked THE SAME, only distinguished by the lack of dignity each had.

Re: The flip flops. Apparently that is the new "style". I saw some chick from Indiana post a picture of herself at her sorority "formal" -- her and her friends all wearing strapless dresses, with visible tan lines, limp hair that looks like they did nothing to it, and flip flops. I thought they were posing in th edressing room at the store while they tried on dresses but NO THEY WERE AT THE EVENT.

*sudder* indeed

I don't want to watch Dr McDorky search for the one GIRL who can get his self-obsessed ass off the Bowflex for 5 minutes, but I will definitely keep reading your recaps!

Anonymous said...

Lincee I love your from your e-mail days. I have not watched in a few years, but this year is going to be great! Star Spangled Banner was like a train wreck, and the fact she got a rose made my repect for Andy take a giant dive. Hopefully he can wake up from his daze and send her home. GO BEVIN!!! She better win!

Anonymous said...

My friends and I keep spreadsheets of the show to track the psycho girls that cry all the way home...so much fun and SUPER hilarious. I'd love to compare notes!!

Hurrayyy for Bachelor Mania...it's back and better than ever!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice!
I think I might actually watch this one in play mode instead of a slow-med FF. (Now I'm thinking, I wonder what Lincee thought of that? And you don't disappoint.) Too funny...

Anonymous said...

correct me if i'm wrong...the quote was..."He's cute as a (hiccup) FREAKIN (hiccup) button."
Love the recap almost as much as the show!

Anonymous said...

Why is Marsha Clark from the OJ trial on the bachelor…..seems like her eyes and ears are much larger than they were during the trial.

Lindsay……..can you say ghetto, looks like they got her straight from a snoop dog video

Speaking of dogs…..Bow Wow…….I think the ABC producers are blind in one eye and can’t see out of the other, you can’t tell me that there were not better looking girls available than that, dang. Also, although the bachelors is obviously built a little better than hmmmmm myself (ha ha, see I can laugh at myself) I think he is a geek. COME ON, you give the first impression rose to the ugliest(which was hard to choose) girl on the show because she asked to get it. Get some kahona’s and pretend like you are going to give it to her, then jerk it back and say hell no…..you is one ugly chick now take your funky self in the house. I don’t know if I can watch another episode, especially if next week someone sings America the Beautiful…….because the word beautiful should not be used by any of the women that I saw.





Peace Out





MD3

Anonymous said...

I seriously doubt that is his car. I am almost 99% sure of it.

probably ABC rental.


otherwise, good episode. And why do I like Blakeney so much? Gonna miss her. (drunk that fell off her chair and raps)

Anonymous said...

I love your review. This guy looks/acts like a homosexual.

Anonymous said...

Andy seems like one of those guys that's pretty set in a routine and not looking to budge. He'll have to find someone to do exactly what he does on his terms in order for it to ever work out. Not with a malicious intent, that's just the way it is with these types.

I've dated one of those triathlete types, they're obsessed! They have no time for their women.

Eh, maybe it was just me :)

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Wow. This makes me wish I didn't stop watching after Tristan and Ryan! Shucks!

(I heard they're pregnant now though, huh? )

Anonymous said...

I love that straight guy #1 is back? Where are all your friends??

And I love host Chris! I agree this is shaping up to be the best season since Firestone's (which IMO was the best season!). Good times!

Anonymous said...

Pretty harsh 8:18

Anonymous said...

Man, two more days till next episode! I'm more pumped about this season than I've been for the last few, and so excited Lincee is back as well!! Looking forward to enjoying this ride with you all!

And FYI as I was watching it, I felt that Bevin will go far as well, although I don't know if right to the end, cause they gave her a fair bit of footage already!

Anonymous said...

Is it weird that throughout the entire episode, all I could think about was...'I hope Lincee caught that one!!' Or, 'I can't wait to hear what Lincee says about her!!'

It's an obsession...seriously.

I loved that we all should remember Erin because we googled her to see if she was Hef's girlfriend.
I thought the same thing.
Wow. She's NOT a real blonde.

And Patriotic Tina - when she sang. I cringed, thought of the Bachelor Recap and fast-forwarded my DVR. Couldn't withstand the pain. Complete torture.

I'm so pumped about this season. Although I have to admit, I'm just not impressed by the pick of ladies.

Nevertheless, still PUMPED! :)

Laura Roemer said...

Hi Lincee! I've just started a Bachelor Blog and i just thought I'd see what else was out there...i love yours! I love the detail - and you're hilarious. I hope you will check out my blog and tell me what you think.
lauraroemer.com
hope to see you there!

Honey Gangsta said...

Thanks for your funny recap! I, too have a recap blog for lots of shows (including this one). I hope you check it out! www.ilovecamping.blogspot.com

Nikoletta said...

Hi there, I love your post! I would love speak to you about your blog, can you or Paul email me? Thanks.

Nikoletta said...

nchabay@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP, HOLY CRAP, HOLY CRAP!!! Yes, I'm YELLING. CHECK THIS OUT. If you Tivo'ed 4/9's epi, go back to 12 minutes into the show! They show Andy and the mini-triathalon winner talking on the beach and then they go to a shot of the ocean...two waves...the second one has a shark in it! I kid you not. Go back and look. There is a shadow of a very large, defined fish in the second wave. It's between 12 and 13 minutes into the show. AAAHHHHH! They could have been eaten! Don't go into the water!!!!!

Anonymous said...

It's a dolphin, not a shark!

Anonymous said...

I WAS WRONG! IT'S AT 42:28! Fast forward to 42:28 and you'll see it. (Wow, I was way off.) SHARK in the WATER!!!!! Andy says: "That was my idea of a romantic setting...sitting on the beach together, listening to the crashing waves..." CUE the SHARK!!!! Second wave...he's there!!!! Duh, duh...duh, duh...(from Jaws.)

Anonymous said...

Unless you're a marine biologist, I'm sticking with shark. Much better story.

Anonymous said...

suggestion: i had to switch back and forth from the official site to remember each girl. next year for the recaps think we can have their pictures next their bio's?

Anonymous said...

Where is today's post?!?! We're only on episode 2, and I am suffering the side effects of my full out addition (to the show, but more to the recaps!)

Anonymous said...

I think that Dr. McDork is endearing. I think part of his charm is the fact that he isn't full of himself. I hope he picks Tessa. She seems to be a great fit and if you really look at her, she is quite pretty.

Anonymous said...

LINCEE - we are dying over here! We can't get any work done until we read the blog!!!

Please help us before we get fired!!! :)

Anonymous said...

is the blog up yet? why can't I see it???? I'm aware that this is as dumb question, just please bear with me, I'm in need of some humor:)

Anonymous said...

Where is today's post? I thought it would be up by now

Cody said...

I got up to use the bathroom as Tina announced her plans to serenade Andy. I croaked out the national anthem on the way to the bathroom not knowing what I was about to miss. Since Tina seemed so boring and insecure, I took my time. I could hear the faint cries of my boyfriend calling for me to come out - yes, I made him watch it with and he's secretly hooked.

I made it back in time to see Andy wiping away a tear. I can't believe I missed it! I know I'll probably get a stomach ache watching it, but if anyone knows where I can see a clip, please let me know...

Anonymous said...

Sam Sucks..and I didn't even go to GDS said: SAM SUCKSS BIG TIME. I KNEW HER THROUGH MUTUAL FRIENDS IN THE DC AND MD AREA... YOU KNOW HOW PRIVATE SCHOOLS ARE. WE ALL KNEW EACH OTHER"S BUSINESS. TESSA WASN'T BAD AND I THINK SHE IS THE COOLEST CHIC ON THAT SHOW. I WAS SO DISGUSTED TO SEE SAM ON THE SHOW THOUGH, REMINDED ME OF SOME PRETTY AWFUL THINGS THAT SHE SAID. SHE DEFINATELY HAD AN ATTITUDE PROBLEM, WHICH WAS VERY CLEARLY SHOWN IN LAST NIGHT'S EPISODE. SHE WAS WAY WORST IN HS THOUGH, I REMEMBER HER THINKING SHE WAS THE ISH. I HOPE I NEVER SEE HER AGAIN...EVEN ON TV. AT LEAST SHE LOOKS HORRIBLE AND KIND OF CHUBBY, WHAT GOES COMES AROUND.

Anonymous said...

The fugly friend should have been nicer to Andy. Just cause she was a total biatch since middle school doesn't mean she has to bully the Bachelor. I really like Tessa but having his best friend makes her look bad. Her family is normal and just reserved, but the friend needed to back off. She was jealous and obviously has always been the big B all of her life. The only girls sticking up for her are the rich girls that probably terrorized all the other girls and make everyone feel so bad about themselves.I guess the past can still come and haunt you in the future. Now anyone reading this blog knows that the girl "Bondo" was not really well liked and treated girls like crap. I hope she learns from this and apologized to the women she hurt.

Anonymous said...

wow, what an episode. I think that it is obvious that Tessa is going to win though! Her mean ugly friend Samantha did not help at all, she was just plain rude and annoying. You can definately tell that she thinks that she is all that. Ugh, what a horrible girl and an awful best friend to have. Tessa needed to show more affection but perhaps she is playing the game smart. She doesn't want to end up like Amber. Ugh, I still cant stop thinking about that worst best friend Samantha ever. She needs to pop that pimple from the top of her head. I bet lots of people in high school hated her and wanted to kick her buttocks...I know I do.

Amanda said...

Where is your Bachelor Recap for the new season??? I'm anxious to read your cleaver blurbs about the girls and him! Hottie from Texas!!!!

Amanda
Dallas, TX

Dylan said...

Surely, the dude is absolutely fair.
generic Propecia | valtrex | generic Zithromax