The Bachelor Recaps: The Need for Speed

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Need for Speed


I’m in Rock Springs, Wyoming tonight. My knee is swollen to the size of my thigh. My head is killing me and the bed at the Quality Inn is sub-standard.

But I’m here. I’m dedicated. I will press on through the pain and discomfort.

Before I jump in and discuss last night’s AWESOME episode, I thought I’d answer some of the questions from the message board:

Q: Are you writing a book?
A: Wouldn’t that be fun? I have no idea what I would write about though. I have decided to launch a website where I blog about the crazy things in my life at the conclusion of this season’s Bachelor. Stay tuned for details!

Q: Are you single? Will you marry me? (two separate entries)
A: I am single. However, while visiting an offshore rig in Mexico three weeks ago, a guy was introducing me to all of the crews as his wife. Not being fluent in Spanish, I had no idea he was doing this until I left the rig. I don’t think we got married while I was there…If you happen to visit Ciudad del Carmen in the near future, the rumor is that I’m married to Jose. Not sure of my last name, but we make a lovely couple!

Q: How many posts do you have?
A: I’m at 633,000 hits

On with the recap!

SIMPLE DISCLAIMER

The following information you are about to read is of personal opinion. If this e-mail circulates to friends, family, enemies...that is your business. However, if you or someone in your address book happens to personally know, sort of know, know the brother/cousin of, thought you saw in the grocery store buying Spring Oreos and Spaghetti O’s or have a spin instructor that looks exactly like one of the Bachelorettes on the show...none of this is personal and I'm sure they are all lovely people.

BOOT CAMP BABY!
After our traditional opening montage by hour host Chris Harrison, the scene switches to a beautiful sunrise. Slowly, we hear birds chirping. Women sleeping. More birds chirping.

And we all know what is about to happen…

A loud, bossy man covered in camouflage screams to the top of his lungs:
“Let’s go! Let’s GO! LET’S GO!”

Girls begin to freak out. Kate tosses out a few curse words and complains about her hangover. Hef’s wife looks confused and is lost without her twin. And our host Chris Harrison is choking back a fit of the giggles as Mr. Clean on Crack beckons the girls downstairs.

Mr. Clean explains the girls will be going to boot camp to compete for a rose and the affection of the Lieutenant. I’m a bit nervous that the “fun” will begin right now, fully knowing that it would be the ABC intern’s idea to boot camp sans bras. Not the case.

But there are a ton of butt shots as the girls get ready.

The sergeant gives two of the girls a toothbrush and tells them to scrub the toilets. His motto? Life sucks and then you die.

The girls are ushered outside for some morning calisthenics. Sergeant is screaming for number 12…where is number 12? We see Punky putting lotion on in the bathroom. She is late!

1-2-3-4
I don’t know
But I’ve been told
5-6-7-8
I am going
To get the rose

They really just said that. Huh.

Knees up!
NO GIRL PUSH-UPS ALLOWED!
Erin is pissed because she just had to go on a date and exercise.
Kate is worried about grass stains.
Bevin is working hard. She wants the rose. She’s even yelling “SIR YES SIR” ever chance she gets. She is playing the part!

And then she trips on the tire course and falls to the ground grabbing her ankle.
At first, I’m thinking she is faking it. But when the ABC psychotherapist, cameraman and producer come running up to her, I’m thinking it is a bit serious.

Notice I didn’t mention the ABC intern. Do you know why? Because our crafty intern has run off to fetch the good doctor. Dr. Baldwin that is…

The producer is totally in on the gig. “Medic! We need a medic!”

And out of the blue, Dr. Baldwin comes running up the driveway. Rose in hand. I half expected it to be in his teeth!

“Are you the medic?” asks the Sergeant…
“I’m THE DOCTOR!” exclaims Andy!
“WHY DID THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN TO MEEEEEE!” whines Bevin.

I know it hurt. I know it was really broken or twisted, but this was a time for Bevin to suck it up and show some control. You don’t want the Bachelor: An Officer and a Gentleman to think you are weak, do you? He likes tough girls!

But apparently I’m way off, because the doctor gives the rose to the fallen soldier. Right before the ambulance picks her up to whisk them away to the hospital.

Back in the mansion…

Our host Chris Harrison explains that boot camp did not go as planned. I would give MONEY to see what they had in store for the girls. Instead, Chris tells the girls about the first group date:

Group Date One
Let’s Spend the Day Relaxing
Gymnast Stephanie
Punky Nicole
Amber
Tina
Stephanie

The Lieutenant likes girls who can get down and dirty. So he takes the gaggle of girls to a mud spa. It’s quite simple what you do at a mud spa…you smear mud on Baldwin’s hot twelve pack abs and chiseled shoulders.

Watch out for Psycho Steph though. She tells the group that she and Andy are waaaaay close and when they see each other in bathing suits, it’s over. The girls hate Psycho Stephanie. She is stealing all the attention.

Tina is not joining in the fun of the mud. She doesn’t want other girls to put hands over man she is marrying

The girls take turns knocking Psycho out of the way in the shower while rinsing the mud off of Andy. They change into matching robes, drink champagne and talk about what they’ve done in mud before and past relationships.

Our Bachelor is touchy-feely. Have you noticed this? He’s a hugger and a waist holder. He also tends to grab knees when sitting by our bachelorettes.

It’s time for the Lieutenant to pick someone for some special time and he chooses Gymnast Stephanie. YES! Psycho is ticked off!

The Lieutenant leads Steph to a double massage table. He leans his arm over to hold her hand. They talk about how they don’t know each other well and Steph is excited for him to get to know her better. So she straddles him and gives him a massage. Andy is pumped that he got a little TLC. Hey…whatever works.

Cut to the mansion…
Bevin is back. Huge black and blue ankle. Crutches. Diamond watch from Andy.

What the crap?

Group Date Two
I Feel the Need…
Kate
Dani
Hef’s Wife
Amanda

Of course, Andy shows up in a leather jacket and aviator glasses. He picks the girls up to go drive cars fast. He likes the danger. He likes women who take risks.

He takes each girl aside for some alone time.

Hef’s wife is nervous that our Bachelor: An Officer and a Gentleman, thinks that she is prissy and worries that he hasn’t seen her true personality. They hang out at the car and she tells him that his is probably the SECOND best date idea. The first would be to shoot guns. Andy thinks that she may be a Barbie, but she can do some manly things.

Riiiiiiiiight.

He and Dani talk about faith, soul mates and defining moments in life. Poor Dani talks about her deceased boyfriend again. Very sad story of him passing away in the bed with her. She gets teary. Andy consoles.

Kate says SHUT UP about twelve times.

Amanda thinks she is going to do well because she used to go 120 miles per hour while trying to beat curfew when she was in high school. Yep. That’s the same.

Here are the rules: the time starts, drive around the cones…don’t hit them. Every cone hit—two second penalty.

Amanda is safe…she is a natural.
Dani lets loose.
Kate drives all over the cones. She scared the Be-Jesus out of Andy!
Hef’s wife can’t drive a stick shift. Car dies several times.

And because she tried so hard, she gets the special alone time in the Delorean.

This is why I love Andy Baldwin. He strait up tells us that he likes Hef’s wife…that she is beautiful, bleach blond, and he is attracted or sure. But he is cautious. He does not know that she feels the same.

And Hef’s wife brilliantly answers:
“What you see is definitely NOT what you get.”

What?!?!

Andy says that he is trying to make it as comfortable as possible for her and that he wants her to come out of her shell. He knows there is more than meets the eye, but he wants her to show him!

Two-on-Two Date
PAYTON
Tessa

The girls open their box and pull out t-shirts that say, “Future sailor’s wife.” Funny. According to your note, one stay and one will go. So that’s false advertising. PAYTON SHOULD SUE THE SHOW!

Tess has a great attitude. She tells the camera that tonight is about getting to know Andy better and figuring out if HE is the one for me. Great attitude!

The girls go to the USS Midway in San Diego.

My favorite quote of the night:
PAYTON: “Are we seriously going on that big ass boat?”

Nice.

Andy is in his element. He shows the girls around the boat. He is at home. He wants them to get a taste of what it is that he does.

PAYTON loves seeing him in his element. She loves that he is confident and comfortable.

Andy shows the girls the doctor’s office on the boat. He checks PAYTON’S heartbeat and tells her that the fuller is in some need of love.

Bucket. Where’s my bucket?

Andy asks the girls his favorite question…have you ever dated a doctor? Someone in the military? Here’s to firsts! And toast the champagne.

Cue the military drum cadence. Andy takes each girl for some alone time. PAYTON wants him to know that she is in this for real. She explains that it has JUST hit her…she’s crazy about him. She tells the camera she doesn’t want to leave with a broken heart.

Tessa makes a bold statement in her alone time.
“When I’m not with you, I question if I should be in this. And then when I see you, I know that it is right.”

The trio sits at a table and talk about how great the date has been. Then, a helicopter starts flying over them. It’s so close! It’s coming back!

I love the fact that Andy didn’t know about the helicopter. He soon figures out that it is time to send someone home. He runs to get the lone rose and returns to the girls in a death grip embrace with each other, cheek-t0-cheek, wrapped in their coordinating pashminas.

He tells PAYTON laid her heart on the line and that her convictions are true and amazing. And then gives Tess the rose.

It is then when I feel sorry for PAYTON. Not because she didn’t get the rose and started crying, but the fact that the intern made her stand on the flight deck as the helicopter flew around her with a spotlight. One would think that the girl going home would have been sent packing in the chopper. Not so.

To quote PAYTON…that just sucked.

The doctor trots off to be with Tessa on the helicopter. He is giving her all the signs of wanting to make out, but Tess is throwing up some walls. He gets an awkward kiss in the end.

BEFORE THE ROSE CEREMONY
Side note: How do we feel about boys drinking out of straws?

Andy hates hurting people’s feelings. But this is business. His goal tonight is to evaluate the nine remaining women and to find his soul mate.

Amanda: She is full of stories, but she never tells the Lieutenant these stories. Andy says that he is constantly trying to engage her on a deeper level. Uh oh.

Kate has concerns? “Do you think I’m a wild sorority girl?”
He thinks she is outspoken and fun. NO says Kate. She is concerned about her business and family. She is a cool person. She is chill and relaxed.

Andy sits between the two Stephanies. They talk about how they are alike and different. Psycho takes over and pretty much slams the gymnast. This makes Andy wonder how sincere she is. YES!

Bev: Andy checks on his favorite patient. He pokes at her ankle and says he will need daily check-ups. Then they make out on the couch.

Random Tina wants to know the Lieutenant’s flaws. What in the world? He says that he is really hard on himself and too analytical.

THE BUREAU IS BACK!
Andy checks out the Pier One framed photos and worries to himself if he is sending the wrong girl home.

He gives roses to:
Amber
Dani
Gymnast Stephanie
Random Tina
Kate…SHUT UP
Punky Nicole
Psycho Stephanie

Luckily, Psycho showed up at the end. I was nervous we wouldn’t have anyone to hate!

Sorry for the delay. We should be back on target for the rest of the season.

All about the shame, not the fame,
Lincee

101 comments:

Anonymous said...

EXCELLENT. Take care of that knee. And, yes, I was beginning to wonder about the bureau!! Until next week.... :-)

Big Mama said...

That intern was just cruel to leave PAYTON standing there on that big ass boat all by herself.

And when I saw the bureau was back, I laughed and clapped my hands.

Anonymous said...

Poor Payton, that was definitely cruel. We don't need to see that kind of suffering. She deserved better. They should of sent some really buff guy to help her off the tarmac. They could of ended with her gazing into his eyes, gulping and then wiping off her tears with the hint of a beginning smile.

Hope your knee heals fast!!

Anonymous said...

I expected an in depth analysis about the ABC intern's idea to Moley-psycho-stephanie's facial expression shots at every interval where she got screwed out her next "first"...

The planning in the rose ceremony was classic. Stephanie... [pan to Moley-psycho]... W. And then she has to wait to the end for a shot of her at each rose. Who writes this stuff?

Seriously, I have an ongoing bet with my wife that he MUST give certain roses to certain girls. I mean, why watch if the crazy girls are not part of the equation. I just wish they would bring back Lisa from last season and make her bunk with the Moley-psycho.

Anonymous said...

I think Andy is a great catch, I found some things last night to be really annoying

1) He loves to bring up being a doctor every chance he gets. "Im the doctor. Have you ever dated a doctor before?"

2) He kept saying "special quality time" so many times, it was so cheesy

Unknown said...

Did anyone else notice that Andy CRIED when he had to choose between Peyton and Tessa? That's when I wanted to vomit...

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lincee, you keep me rolling in laughter week after week.

I totally noticed Andy with straws in his drinks--quite odd, if you ask me.

If boys do have straws in the drinks, they're usually bent over the side of their glasses (it's odd that they just don't take them out in the first place)--but definitely no males I know use them to drink ... questionable, McMaverick, even if you are a doctor (as if we had forgotten).

Shout out to BFF Jenn! Can't wait for next week, Lincee! Be safe.

Megan said...

I'd like a round of applause, no, standing ovation, for Bevin this week. Come on people, on your feet!

This girl is a genius! I think this girl planned the fall, thinking her ankle would break easily, since its happened before, just so she could finally get her damned alone time! Turns out she got triple for her plan. Rose. Alone Time. Unexplained diamond watch.

I think I was wrong about O&G's ribs. They looked more normal this week.

Poor PAYTON. Clearly, Andy is NOT an officer and a gentleman since he left the poor girl on the tarmac. Could they not have put the poor girl into a limousine or something? A horse, maybe? ANYTHING?!? It was too awful.

Lastly, I think the doc gets off on dating girls who have never dated a doctor OR a man in the military. He makes a strangely excited face when he asks that question. I don't know how I feel about that.

Lincee, hope your knee gets better, and congrats on the marriage to Jose(haha)!

Anonymous said...

I love moley-psycho for a nickname! I CAN'T STAND HER, which means she will probably be around for a long time. Lame.

Anonymous said...

fyi - amanda is from abilene. i don't know how the heck they came up with dallas. and there isn't a stretch of land long enough for her to drive 120 mph to make it home for curfew.

Anonymous said...

633,000 hits is fantastic - I'm not surprised though. Am excited you will be blogging in the off-season as well!

Anonymous said...

You are such fun to read... I started watching the show just to keep up with your blog! hahaha....

I think he's keeping some randoms and getting rid of some of the chick's he was just physically attracted to. I think he already has it down to his top two (maybe three?) and the rest are just filler.

Is anyone else wicked excited about next week's show... looks like the claws are out! I think we're going to see lots of tears. Oh... the suspense!

Anonymous said...

I have to say that Punky Brewster actually reminds me of Lisa LaPorte (Designed to Sell and Designer's Challenge on HGTV) and since that's where our host, Chris, got his start (Designer's Challenge) I thought that was extra funny - they look alike and have the same squeaky voice.

Anonymous said...

I hope you are serious about blogging about your life! That would be a lot of fun to read between Bachelor seasons! Great entry!

Anonymous said...

Lincee...I'm shocked that you didn't comment on the QUOTE OF THE NIGHT. When Kate says that Andy wants to see her serious side..."what does he want me to do...rescue an orphan from a fire?" Classic.

Anonymous said...

Ok, not that it is any of my business... but I have been reading since the days of the emails. I have a faithful follower, and a true fan! No band wagon for me. I thought you were married, and I thought your husband was a HUGE Texas basketball fan... hello? Am I missing something here?

Cant wait for the off-season blog!

Anonymous said...

Excellent as always! :) Am I bad person because I fast-forwarded through...(can't remember her name but the one who talks about her deceased boyfriend all the time)her little alone time with Andy? I mean, I feel bad for the girl, that's horrible thing that happened, but I can only take so much...

Anonymous said...

You're the best Lincee!
Um, did anyone else notice the REDIC outfit Steph psycho had on at the rose ceremony???? Polka dotted dress and PEARLS?!?! Girls like her do NOT wear pearls. From hooker dress the week before to that. Identity crisis?
Love Bevin. Is it bad to be happy that someone gets hurt if it helps them advance?

Anonymous said...

The orphan comment was awesome... I actually had to watch three times!!!

Bev is definitely in it for the long haul... and wearing the watch on the night of the rose ceremony, nice move.

Andy was crying when he let Payton go, I am really liking this guy. He is trying to get to know all the women, he really seems to be trying to find someone for himself... I think he could possibly be the best bachelor we have had! (Not to mention he is hot!)

Anonymous said...

Here's another amusing take on the episode ... http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2007/04/bachelor_andy_s.html#more


I loved the ending sequence of the champagne bottle opening by one of the blondes - Kate or Danielle ... can't remember ...

Anonymous said...

OG sounded like Chris Farley on Saturday Night Live...

Hey PAYTON...do you remember when we just had some alone time and you told me you really cared for me..That was AWESOME!

Hey Tessa, Do you remember when we just sat on that bench and you told me that when we are are apart you wonder why you are here but when we are together you know why you are here ...that was awesome.

Anonymous said...

SHUT UP! What a great episode! That was just cruel to make PAYTON stand there and watch her McMaverick fly off with Tessa.

Anonymous said...

Moley-psycho's dress was the WORST. It was something out of Donna Reed's goodwill pile, made even more ridiculous when compared to her usual attire of hooker dresses. LOL.

I wondered if Andy brought the rose with him or if he sent the intern back for it while attending to Bevin.

I also liked how he called out where the surgeons would be standing in a operation on the carrier. Hello? He's a GP!! He's the guy the sailors see when it hurts to pee, not when they have a splenectomy. Hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Kate's "rescue an orphan from a fire" quote was awesome! Do you sit with a note pad in front of you each week?

My husband seems to walk in the room every time Psycho Stephanie is on and says, "That's a s!ut if I ever saw one." For whatever that's worth.

Anonymous said...

what's up with the "Extra special quality time"? how about "extra time" or "special" or even just quality time all by its lonesome. i love how they make everyone say "Extra special quality time" over...and over...and over....

Anonymous said...

Come on Lincee, Andy has to drink through a straw. He can't risk staining those porcelain veneers!

Kristin from Nashville

Anonymous said...

Okay, so who else is just dying for Tina to get up and say "PUNKY POWER"?!?!?!

Alli said...

You are always worth the wait! I'm sorry to hear about your knee... that sucks. Feel better soon!

p.s. I was wondering what happened to the peir one framed photos - I'm glad they are back. I blame the abc intern.

Megan said...

Maybe Andy Pandy just has really sensitive teeth, hence the straw drinking?

Anonymous said...

Glad to see the "bureau" was back, or as I prefer to think of it, the altar where our O&G prays (preys?) and contemplates his minion!

If I had been PAYTON, I would have been hoofing it off that carrier. No way would I have stood there while the helicopter lights illuminated my heartbreak. Bet the intern glued her shoes to the tarmac.

BTW, I always thought drinking from a straw enabled you to feel the effects sooner. Just saying....

Anonymous said...

Does anyone agree that Moley-Psyco looks like a long lost cousin of Reality show Amber's from Survivor, Amazing race and Rob and Amber......

Also I never replied about Bevin's tats....she went to school in Seattle so everyone had them! Still rooting for Bev!

This blog makes the show even better!

Tracy said...

I'm assuming that "Punky" Nicole is a reference to Miss Brewster? TOTALLY!!! She's got the spunk AND the scratchy voice!

So I went out on a limb last week and made a prediction that was totally WRONG! I can't believe Peyton was sent home already! Do you think Andy gets to pick who he has the twosome date with? If so, do you think he knew ahead of time he'd have to send one packing? Interesting.

It's wild to think that he's already engaged to someone, but it's not at all clear at this point who the front runner is. However, just because I seem to enjoy making predictions...I'm now thinking it's gonna be Tessa who he asks to marry him.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am convinced to the point of absolute certainty that Nicole is really Pauly Shore in drag. Does anybody else see this???

Anonymous said...

Ah, the bureau. I knew that would be mentioned! My husband laughs at me b/c every time I see something crazy, I tell hime, "I can't WAIT to see what Lincee will say about that!"
Thanks for the laughs and felicitaciones on the "marriage" to Jose. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!!! I never knew this existed until today. I laughed several times from Lincee's recaps and these blogs!

Anonymous said...

Just an FYI to everyone wondering out there - ABC did a casting call at the W Hotel in Dallas, which is why so many girls are from around the area.

Love the blog!

Anonymous said...

I just found out that the Prince and Jen are no longer together. He was hosting a bachelor/bachelorette auction in Nashville, TN this weekend. We all new it wouldn't last. Just giving you the heads up.

Anonymous said...

Bevin's ankle injury was reminiscent of Nancy Kerrigan's "WHHHHHY MEEEEE!!!"

Anonymous said...

I guess I am along in thinking Stephanie S.C. is a dead-ringer for Fievel the Mouse?

Does anyone remember Fievel? I read his books in grade school.

Just askin'...

OH, p.s. I think Amanda lives in Dallas, now. We went to the same University that is 1 hour north of Dallas. Shout out, University of North Texas!

Dallas Kerry

Anonymous said...

Charlotte, I'm literally laughed out loud when I read your comment, Pauly Shore in drag! HA! The scary thing is that you are so right... :) Nice one!

And to everyone saying that Stephanie looks like Fievel the Mous, so true...so true...

Anonymous said...

If you want to view the videos, pls click on the 'find' link located at the top of the page, enter 'video' in the 'Words to search for' box

The Bachelor 10 ~ Preview *screencaps* 3/19/07

The Bachelor 10 ~ *screencaps* 3/22/07

The Bachelor 10 ~ *screencaps* (Commercial during UB) 3/23/07

The Bachelor 10 ~ *screencaps + vid* kissing, hot tub, pool etc 3/23/07

The Ladies (scan) 3/26/07

The Bachelor NEW *screencaps* 3/29/07

The Bachelor ~ more new *screencaps* with Ma and Pa Baldwin 3/29

Mudbaths 3/30

The Bachelor 10 season preview *screencaps* part 1 4/2

The Bachelor 10 season preview *screencaps* part 2 4/2

The Bachelor 10 season preview *screencaps* part 3 4/2

The Bachelor 10 season preview *screencaps* part 4 4/2

The Bachelor 10 season preview *screencaps* part 5 4/2

The Bachelor 10 season preview *screencaps* part 6 4/2

The Bachelor 10 episode 2 preview *screencaps*(1) 4/5

The Bachelor 10 episode 2 preview *video + screencaps*(2) 4/6

Episode 2 screencaps 4/9

The Bachelor 10 episode 3 preview *screencaps* 4/10

The Bachelor 10 eppy 3 preview (UB) *vid + caps* 4/13

Screencaps from the preview that aired during WS . . 4/13


The Bachelor ep 4 *screencaps & vid* part 1 4/18



ANDY JETS OFF TO LAKE TAHOE WITH THE REMAINING WOMEN
FOR FUN ON THE SLOPES AND FIRESIDE PASSION, ON
"THE BACHELOR: OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN," APRIL 23
Emotional Meltdowns off the Slopes and a Skiing Contest on the Mountainside
Mark the Half-Way Point in the Race for Andy Baldwin's Heart

"Episode 1004" - Andy surprises the nine remaining bachelorettes with a luxurious trip to Lake Tahoe. Four ladies all get lucky on a casino group date and, at the end of the night, one very fortunate woman is the recipient of a hot, romantic get-together with Andy that would melt the snow on the surrounding mountaintops. Next, it's off to the slopes for a fiercely competitive group date. And in the final one-on-one date of the trip, a passionate fireside tryst ends up taking a serious turn when Andy presses the woman for her true feelings and then must make an immediate decision about whether to send her home, on "The Bachelor: Officer and a Gentleman, " MONDAY, APRIL 23 (9:31-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

An amazing hotel suite awaits the final nine women as they travel together with Andy by private jet to Lake Tahoe. As the first group of bachelorettes prepare for their magical night out with Andy, one woman has an emotional breakdown as she struggles to get ready on time. Four women are off to the casino for some high-rolling fun with the Bachelor. And for one lucky lady, it's winner take all as she captures a sizzling late night date alone with Andy in his hotel suite.

The vacation continues as Andy and four other women hit the slopes for another spirited face-off between the women to win some much desired après-ski quality time with the handsome Lieutenant. Back at the suite, one of the bachelorettes stresses out while preparing for the only one-on-one date of the trip. But the blissful rendezvous that starts with champagne and decadent desserts turns into an important discussion when Andy tries to learn the woman's true feelings about him. Is there a rose in her future, or will the Bachelor dispatch her back home?

Back at the ladies' mansion in the Hollywood Hills, tensions are at the breaking point as the bachelorettes return from Tahoe and the back-stabbing and rumors reach a new high.


The Bachelor: Officer and a Gentleman
April 23rd 9:30pm ABC 90min 2007
Andy and the nine remaining bachelorettes head to Lake Tahoe in a private jet for skiing and casino gambling, but before the first group date can begin, one lady has an emotional breakdown. The first one-on-one encounter is in Andy's suite after the casino outing, and it gets steamy. The second, following the skiing expedition, doesn't go as well. During the rose ceremony, Andy has six flowers to bestow.

April 30th ~ same time same channel
Andy and the six remaining bachelorettes visit an L.A. elementary school, where they get down and dirty for a good cause: rebuilding a playground for kindergartners. Andy also turns winemaker on a one-on-one date, and dines with a bejeweled bachelorette on another. Then he bestows roses on the four ladies who'll take him home to meet the folks.

Anonymous said...

http://grouper.com/video/MediaDetails.aspx?id=1815611

A future video from the fantasy date w/ Bevin.

Anonymous said...

2pm anonymous!!!

Where did you find that link? Do you think it is from the show or do you think that was leaked and Bevin is the one he proposes to????

Anonymous said...

I think it was completely tacky and mean to make PAYTON stand there on the flight deck...mean, mean, MEAN! For shame, ABC!

Anonymous said...

Okay I'm glad that anonymous 6:05 brought it up about your hubby(?). Not that I'm entitled to know, butI too have been fortunate enough to be reading since the email days, and remember funny little tidbits about the hubby. I was wondering the same thing myself. Also since we're asking about blasts from the past, where's BFF Paul? Have I just missed him?

The recap was hilarious, especially the part about the ABC intern. I think that they should've continued the boot camp for some "special quality time" with O&G. That would've been hysterical. (Take note, ABC)

Okay just exactly how long was Andy practicing that "I'm a doctor" line. I wanted to barf when he said that to Mr. Clean on Steriods.

I did feel so bad for Pay-TON when she got dissed on the tarmac. Good editing ABC, you got me on that one.....

I'm starting to like this bachelor. He uses his "special quality time" effectively even though he's very annoying when he says it....

Anonymous said...

Lincee, take care of the knee. See a rocky mountain doctor if you have to. Loved the recap. You are awesome. Look forward to it every week. Looking forward to funny stories about you during the bachelor off season!

Megan said...

The orphan comment was classic. I feel like Kate is maybe really cool deep down, and my cool I mean kind of funny, sometimes.

Anyone else think that the O&G runs awkwardly? "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down" played in my head as he was trotting to and fro.

Dear Andy,
You're in the Navy, your muscles are monumental. You are not allowed to cry when sending a girl home on a reality TV show.
Thanks,
America

Okay Psycho Steph makes me so nervous. I mean when she looks into the camera I think she might steal my soul, which is not okay with me. How is he attracted to her? Is he looking at the same thing we are?

And I know everyone just LOVES Bevin..but I have a total "Cougar" vibe from her... and the tats...oh the tats..You haven't commented on those enough!

This blog is so great! and I would totally read about your life, good luck!

Anonymous said...

Damn....They removed the video of Bevin already! Guess we'll have to wait!

Anonymous said...

Please, please let Nicole last long enough to bring O&G back to meet the family. I'm dying to see how Henry Warnimont and Brandon are doing.

If she wins, I bet bff Cherie will be maid of honor!!!

Unknown said...

Ok, I am not the only one that thinks Nicole looks like Punky!!

Anonymous said...

I worked in a sports bar for like 4 years off and on in College. Only like 1% of guys drink out of straws and only if they're drinking something like a Margherita or a Mai Tai. Definitely not Iced Tea. That would be wrong. Drinking out of a straw just looks girly... Dumbo Steph does look like Fievel the Mouse - but I think Robert Carradine (whatever happened to him?) still looks the most like Fievel. Dead ringer. Why does she keep exposing those ears. Most people have flaws but you usually try to hide them. Like Cindy Crawford. How often does she uncover her ears? Not much, thankfully. Or Kate Hudson? Even beautiful women know to cover their ears when they're huge - if they're smart that is. Steph isn't so smart, or just to arrogant to have a clue.

Anonymous said...

a.d. and anonymous 6:05 - Just FYI, I am pretty sure Lincee and her hubby split up last year, from what I remember from last season's blogs. :-( She didn't really talk about it much but to just say it didn't work out btwn them. Not sure about Paul, though..I remember him, too!

Anonymous said...

Great recap Lincee! Sorry to hear about your knee. I have been through it, it is no fun!

I can't wait for your new blog. You are a great writer! I am so looking forward to it.

I think the Bevin and Amber are the final two. Amber seems to be the sleeper. We'll see!

Anonymous said...

If this doesn't work-go to google type in "spoiler pics from the Bachelor." They will give you several, but go to the Jokersupdates.com. They have pictures for the next episode and then I found this video. They usually put the final rose ceremony on there, but I have not found it yet. This is truly from the show b/c it is already taped.
Enjoy!
http://www.gofish.com/player.gfp?gfid=30-1100731

Anonymous said...

of course he uses a straw-Did ya'll know he's a DOCTOR?! Fresh straw- no germies on the glass!

Anonymous said...

BRING BACK BFF PAUL!!!
WHERE IS HE??

My predictions:
the last two will be Tessa and Amber

I probably would say Bevin, but since he likes a girl to be sporty and then classy - I don't see him going for the tatoos - those would show too much in a nice formal dress - More power to you if you want to get a tatoo but just know that NOBODY looks classy in a beautiful evening gown with tatoos showing - NOBODY.

Megan said...

He probably uses a straw so he doesn't stain his teeth, esp. if it was iced tea he was drinking. I read that drinking from a straw lowers your "stain risk" from teas/coffees, etc...

This is the second comment I've made about straws. I must stop.

Anonymous said...

Great show this week, lot's of tears!!! I was surprised about the broads he kicked off. I thought forsure the chick who talks about her dead boyfriend would of gotten the boot. I would off kicked her off. Payton put on the pressure towards the end so I was glad to see her get the boot.

Lincee I hope you feel better.

Anonymous said...

It's been bugging me for weeks, but I've finally figured out who Erin "Hef's Wife" reminded me of - Kellie Pickler (former American Idol) - mannerisms and voice!!
Does anyone else think so?

Anonymous said...

Lincee--sorry your travel schedule and locales are so rough, but the anticipation makes your reads even better. I thought you were married a few seasons ago? Can't wait for your personal blog...

Anonymous said...

Does anyone else think that Tessa resembles Bachelorette Meredith (who chose Ian) in both looks and temperment? My vote is for Tessa--she seems to have tact and class which a lot of the girls on these shows lack, even if they are pretty or have a good personality.

Anonymous said...

I loved the recap but I just wanted to point out one omission...

After talking to Hef's wife, Andy comments to the camera that "she likes to do manly things and he is turned on by that". I'm sorry but that comment made me feel really sorry for the girls who are still there.....

Anonymous said...

I like someone's comment about Psycho Steph looking like Fievel the mouse--yes, hide those ears honey--last rose ceremony she looked awful in the polka dot dress w/ her hair pulled back to the wrong side which is the trend now...not to be tacky, but come on...

Anonymous said...

Does anyone else think that Tessa looks like Bachelorette Meredith? I defintiely do.

Anonymous said...

whoops, sorry! Didnt see the post from 10:39...almost exactly the same! But yes, totally resembles Meredith.

Anonymous said...

Six words: "Don't pop it in my face!" I had tears streaming down my face from laughing and rewinding and laughing....

As we called her in my house, HollyBridgetKendra was great entertainment. I was secretly sad to see her go. I am so glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the Psycho's "wife" outfit...PLEASE! 50's polkadots and pearls?! She might as well have borrowed Lisa's "David's Bridal" dress from last season!

Speaking of last season, rumor has it Prince Chach from last season dumped Jen and started dating Sadie after the show was over. And he was in US Weekly recently for taking "Princess" Erica as his date to a charity event as a publicity stunt...US Weekly called Erica his "third conquest" from the show. A friend of a friend partied with him in NYC and said, unfortunately, he really is as big a tool as he seemed on TV. Oh well...

A friend asked me the other day, "Why do you still watch that show???" to which I responded, "Because of the Recap!" Keep it up Lincee...you're 90% of the Bachelor fun!!!

Anonymous said...

has anyone considered that it might be impolite to continue asking about Lincee's marital status? I mean we're all close here but come on, really?

Anonymous said...

Ditto on anonymous 9:43 p.m.
I mean if she says she's single then she's obviously not married - focus on the present people!

tsunamigirl said...

Well it has hit the fan in Houston, Lincee's home and my former hometown. Evidently the parents of the children at
Amber's school begrudge her the time off. Word is from those who know at this school system and this elementary school is notorious for its highly obnoxious parents. I believe that the website to see the front page ravings is Chron.com

Enjoy!!!

Leslie D
Ocean Springs, MS

Unknown said...

Love this blog!

Sandra said...

I just found your blog via a friend of a friend and I gotta tell you, your recap was way more enjoyable then the actual show........

I will definitely be tuning into next weeks show and recap...thanks for the laugh!!!! Take care of your knee!!!

lucky to be me

Anonymous said...

Great show...I continue to watch it in real time...great recap...keep doing your thing...sorry about the knee...guys and straws...hmmm...I guess it depends on the guy doesn't it?...and what he's wearing (or not wearing) at the time

Anonymous said...

In notes of the random, wait a minute you mean to tell me that there is another person from Ocean Springs, MS that reads this blog.....

tsunamigirl, I thought I was the only person in Ocean Springs who even watched the Bachelor....much less read this blog....

Anonymous said...

Did anyone notice that Andy seemed to be completely TANKED when he was making out with Bevin on the sofa before the Rose Ceremony? He could barely keep his eyes open and was slurring his words. NICE!

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting all week to read the recap because it took me that long to finally watch the DVRed last episode.

Random thoughts:

- At boot camp the girls said, 'I don't know WHAT I've been told' instead of "but".

- Stephanie's little curl thingy a the rose ceremony was annoying. Not only was she wearing polka dots and pearls, but also a headband. The whole ensemble was very late 80's/early 90's. I think she's trying to show her 'good wife material' side in addition to her fun, slutty side. She was really selling herself HARD in the Stephanie war. Steph KS has a LOT more class (so far).

- Did anyone else notice that Andy finally pronounced Payton's name correctly? AFTER he let her go. Nice.

- The champagne thing at the end was hiliarious.

- Like all of you, I kept waiting for a limo to come take Payton away. I'd have started walking off that big ass boat if I were her. How humiliating to have to just stand there.

- Guys and straws: Most men I know will not drink out of a straw. Too phallic.

- I am not a Bevin fan at all.

- I wish Kate would just accept her roses without saying anything.

- I thought Kate and Dani would be let go. Shows what I know.

Anonymous said...

Lincee-so sorry about the knee! Hope it is back to "normal knee size" real soon. I finally got to read the recap today (Saturday), awesome as usual. My fave quote of the night was, as someone else mentioned, Kate's "rescue an orphan from a fire"...although she is not my favorite, what she said was darn funny! So glad to see the intern brought the bureau back. Finally. My fave bachelors are still Firestone and Chuckles though. And, "hey" back to Jayhawk! BFF Jenn

Anonymous said...

Love the blog as usual Lincee...I've been an avid reader for many many seasons...

By far the best part of the whole show was the blondie trying to open the champagne bottle with a cork screw....classic...you can't pay someone enough to act that stupid.

Erin- Dallas

Anonymous said...

Ok, well, sidenote, I have to retract my statement about Kate's comment being "darn funny", because I heard on the news there was actually a fire at an orphanage today, and not all of the orphans were rescused....oh so sad!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/
0,2933,267692,00.html

So, now her comment is actually a little more psyhic than funny!?

Random, I know, but like Megan who was still thinking about boys + straws, I am apparentely obsessing about orphans.

Which brings me to this 2nd sidenote to Still Our Host Chris Harrison...You forgot to state that Lincee's trip to LA will be "all-expenses paid"...we all know she deserves it, so please pass the word to your ABC head honchos!

Anonymous said...

Did anyone else see Andy on Jimmy Kimmel? He said he is definitely engaged and that it is true he prefers brunette southern women. My prediction is Amber!

Anonymous said...

agree, 7:34 AM.

especially since they RARELY show her. those tricky ABC producers...

Anonymous said...

The bachelor: an officer and a gentleman and an astronaut.

Anonymous said...

I don't like bird faced Bevin and her fake ankle injury, she was walking just fine at the rose ceremony. Faker.

Anonymous said...

Kate looked like the church lady from Sat. Night Live with her pursed lips at the rose ceremony. I'm just sayin'...

Anonymous said...

It is comin' down to Amber and Bevin ladies!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....I'm thinking we are witnessing some ABC tricks...I say Danielle and Tessa...or Danielle and someone-she is not getting much air time, which typically means final rose.

And, Stephanie S.C.'s eyebrows popping up over her sunglasses was so icky!
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Well, I gotta rep my Kansas girl--anyone notice that he said something to the effect of "I'd really like to meet your family . . ." She's been kind of off the radar and she isn't all in everyone's face about getting a rose or obsessing over Andy.

I also like how honest Tessa has been with Andy--I can't imagine being in that situation competing over one guy with so many other women who are falling so fast for him. Props to Tessa.

I thought the Astronaut Dreams convo with Bevin came a little out of left field, but hey, more power to you Dr. McMaverick-Armstrong. You blast off with your bad self.

Can't wait to read the recap!

Anonymous said...

It's totally Bevin. Do y'all not think that the video was NOT from the show? I think it was shot post-show and was leaked. That explains why it has been taken off websites...

Anonymous said...

I'm dying here!!! I know Lincee has a real job, but I'm dying here! I wish Lincee could be paid for watching a couple tv shows and blogging about them. I predict she will one of these days. I believe I even told her so back in the email days.....Lincee's recaps are the best out there...thanks again for making this season the Bachelor so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Steph from KS was all over Andy's obsession with taking upset girls aside for some 'extra special alone time'. She totally figured that out and worked it to her advantage. Sneaky. But not nearly as sneaky as Bevin.

I was surprised Danielle got a rose. I was also kind of surprised he gave Amber that rose after the things he heard. I think they did 'get closer' in that hot tub.

Nicole was not a surprise, and neither was Kate. I was glad Steph SC was let go, man...she was cocky and for no good reason. She seemed more upset about losing the game than losing the man. She seems like she's out to prove something.

He liked getting the information out of Kate and Steph SC, but I don't think he liked that they talked about the other girls the way they did.

Did anyone else notice Chris's champagne almost sloshing out of his glass when he tapped it before the rose ceremony?

Anonymous said...

I saw that 8:19...

Too funny, it was like no one was listening to Our Host so he kept clinking the champagne glass louder and louder and the liquid was sloshing out. I was waiting for the glass to break!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for this one! In fact I think 2/3 of my office is hitting refresh every 2 min waiting for today's recap!

Anonymous said...

Anyone notice Bevin's crazy spanx trying to escape during the group date in Tahoe??

Anonymous said...

Did anyone else notice what looked like a girdle on Bevin? I noticed it two separate times during the show. It looked like white bicycle shorts under her blue dress. Come on Bev, if you're trying to hide fat or create a booty with those padded in the butt girdles, try sitting down in front of a mirror to see if your “little secret” shows! Now America knows...

Anonymous said...

Did anyone else notice during Bevin's & Andy's alone time (right before the rose ceremony) he ever so gently tried to push her hair back. It would hardly budge it was so stiff from hairspray ... he tried it AGAIN and the entire side of cascading curls wouldn't give. Thankfully he gave up trying. I had to repeat it just to make sure I saw it right ... her hair is as stiff as her personality.

Anonymous said...

Lincee where are you???? I'm going nuts over here waiting for the recap. I missed the show last night & I can't take it too much longer. I'm still stuck in the stone ages, no TIVO for me... HELP!!!!!

Waiting patiently...sort of!

Anonymous said...

Bevin's "shaper" was so tacky and her stiff 70's hair too, just yucky all around. I hope you all are wrong about her being the final one. I don't know why I get so involved, I keep getting disappointed season after season...

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing Bevin, Tessa, & Amber for the hometown dates....

Anonymous said...

As we all know, Espn and ABC are the same company, and don't you know, they have devised competition in the bachelor blogs for Lincee! The Sports Gal, http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bachelor/070424

How dare they try to steal your thunder, Lincee! We need to have a talk with Host Chris and producers about this.

Anonymous said...

Um, Sports Gal is totally lifting from this blog:

"Andy took everyone skiing and wore a short turtleneck sweater that looked like something Bobby Brady would have worn."

Hello? The Bobby Brady reference was made here first. Lame.

Anonymous said...

I could have done without ESPN girl's diatribe about the poopy diaper (ew!) but I do agree that she's right on about Andy. Does this guy have a personality at all? I think I fell asleep at least twice during his "date" with that last one -- Danielle? I seriously cannot remember their names.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lincee -- love your blog. I've been reading you since back in the day when you just sent out emails. I have a quick question - probably none of my business - but I thought you were married at one point too?